Small Molecule API Market | Leading Segments, Trends, Drivers and Challenges
Cipla Inc., Dr. Reddys Laboratories Ltd., GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Merck KGaA, Novartis AG, and Pfizer Inc. are among key market vendors
The small molecule API market is expected to grow by $ 71.10 billion, accelerating at a CAGR of almost 7.89% during the forecast period. Technavio’s research reports offer a detailed analysis of the market segments, delving deep into the factors that will lead to the growth of each segment. It also offers insights on factors that are likely to have a negative impact on market growth. This comprehensive analysis of the market will enable clients to identify areas of growth and steer clear of the low-performing segments.
Request for Our Free Sample Report for detailed Insights
Small Molecule API Market: Market Segments and Growth Forecasts
This research report will provide insights into the current market share of each segment along with growth projections for the next five years.
- Market is segmented by Deployment (captive APIs and contract APIs) and Geography (North America, Asia, Europe, and ROW). Captive APIs segment will witness significant growth during the forecast period.
- 42% of the market growth will originate from North America during the forecast period with the US emerging as a key market for small molecule API. The rising geriatric population in the US and the growing prevalence of chronic diseases will facilitate the small molecule API market growth. However, the market growth rate in this region will be slower than the growth of the market in Asia.
- This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the geographic segments to the growth of the Small Molecule API Market size.
Small Molecule API Market: Trends, Drivers, Challenges
The report also offers a detailed impact analysis of various trends, drivers, and challenges that are likely to influence the market growth during the forecast period. These insights will equip clients to design a growth strategy for their business and area of operations.
- Evolving small-molecule API manufacturing scenario in developing countries will be a significant factor in driving the growth of the Small Molecule API Market. The presence of developed infrastructure and growing economic development have led India and China to begin producing high-quality small-molecule APIs and drug intermediates for regulated markets. Also, innovators have started focusing on these countries to outsource late-stage intermediates, and a few global manufacturers have formed joint ventures with local small-molecule API manufacturers.
- Increasing number of type II drug master files (DMFs) will be instrumental in driving the market growth during the forecast period.
- High investment cost and concern of huge financial loss is a hurdle that needs to be crossed on the path to success. Failure to adhere to the validated GMP protocol may restrict the entry of bulk actives into the regulated market, thus exposing API manufacturers to huge financial losses. However, strictly following protocols and streamlining systems will help to mitigate this hurdle.
Small Molecule API Market: Vendor Analysis
- The market is fragmented.
- Aurobindo Pharma Ltd., Cambrex Corp., Cipla Inc., Dr. Reddys Laboratories Ltd., GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Merck KGaA, Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., and Viatris Inc. are some of the major market participants.
- The unprecedented outbreak of COVID-19 in 2020 has had a significant impact on market segments had a ripple effect on various stakeholders. Our vendor analysis and insights will provide you with all the information required to make the most of the opportunities and plan business recovery and growth post the pandemic.
Key Areas Covered in our Report:
- Small Molecule API Market Split by Deployment
- captive APIs
- contract APIs
- Small Molecule API Market Split by Geography
- North America
- Geographic segmentation
- Geographic comparison
- APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Key leading countries
- Market opportunity by geography
- Market drivers
- Market challenges
- Market trends
- Competitive scenario
- Vendor landscape
- Landscape disruption
- Aurobindo Pharma Ltd.
- Cambrex Corp.
- Cipla Inc.
- Dr. Reddys Laboratories Ltd.
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- Merck KGaA
- Novartis AG
- Pfizer Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Viatris Inc.
For more insights into this market: Download a Free Sample Report. Our custom reports provide market insights at the global and regional level along with pipeline analysis of new product launches. It also provides a peek into the latest R&D along with an impact analysis of government regulations.
The report provides insights into the following FAQs:
- What is the market CAGR?
The market will accelerate at a CAGR of 7.89%.
- What is the incremental growth of the market?
The market is expected to grow by $ 71.10 bn through 2022-2026.
- What is a key factor driving this market?
Evolving small-molecule API manufacturing scenario in developing countries will drive market growth over the forecast period.
- What are the key regions covered in this market research report?
North America, Asia, Europe, and ROW are the key regions featured in this research report.
- Which is the leading geographic region for this market:
42% growth will originate from North America
- Who are the leading market vendors?
The leading vendors in this market are Aurobindo Pharma Ltd., Cambrex Corp., Cipla Inc., Dr. Reddys Laboratories Ltd., GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Merck KGaA, Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., and Viatris Inc.
- What are the market segments covered in this report?
The market is segmented by Deployment (captive APIs and contract APIs) and Geography (North America, Asia, Europe, and ROW)